Veterans, Retirees and Active Duty Personnel can refinance an existing VA guaranteed loan to reduce the interest rate or switch an adjustable rate to a fixed rate through the VA Interest Rate Reduction Refinancing Loan (IRRRL).
No appraisal or credit underwriting is required unless upon request. IRRRL only requires applicants to certify previous ownership of the home under the loan’s coverage and may be done with no money out-of-pocket by including all costs in the new loan.
Refinance your VA Loan
Who VA IRRL is for:
- Qualified veterans and service personnel with a VA loan
- Qualified VA loan owners who want to reduce their interest rate or switch from an adjustable rate to fixed rate
- Qualified borrowers who want to refinance without an appraisal or credit underwriting
- Qualified VA homeowners who want a streamlined refinance with no money out-of-pocket
- Find out more about this program and eligibility requirements from your Assent Mortgage loan officer.